Wonderful Shared Home
This large property is two conjoined houses in Mirrabooka, with 5 happy housemates sharing the current home, there are currently two vacant shared independent living rooms available, one in each house.
Built in the early 1990s, both are brick single-level homes. This large home that is shared by 5 people who enjoy the shared independent living services provided by Ability Centre, is searching for 2 new people to call our home their home too.
Feel at Home
A 3 bedroom home with built-in wardrobes and 1 bathroom, this home has a large living area which is well used for TV/DVD watching and socialising by residents in both homes.
A 4 bedroom home with built-in wardrobes and 2 bathrooms, this home has a large, peaceful outdoor area which is often used when residents want private time with family and friends or some quiet time. There is plenty of parking available at this property and an external contractor looks after the gardens. Pets are not allowed at this property.
Dedicated Support at Home
Each house has one dedicated Support Worker 24 hours per day, and there
is an additional Support Worker who goes between both houses as required.
- The closest shopping centres are Mirrabooka Village Shopping Centre and the Malaga Markets about a 20 minute walk.
- The Square Mirrabooka Shopping Centre is about a 10 minute drive.
- The home is close to the bus stop for route 377 on Honeywell Boulevard (7 minute walk).
- The closest leisure centre is the Herb Graham Recreation Centre about 10 minutes by car.
- Single storey
- Multiple spacious living areas
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout
- Undercover outdoor living area
- 24 hour awake shift support workers
- No pets allowed
- Unfortunately no joists can be used in the homes
- Close to local amenities and community facilities
What funding do you need?
You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
This property is furnished
Eligibility and accepted criteria:
Have a disability
Available 15 January 2020