Fun and vibrant home (Supported Independent Living)
This 5-bedroom home is located in Coolbinia, less than 6km from Perth CBD. You will be sharing with 3 friendly ladies, and one lovely young gentleman, all in their mid-twenties. Their interests include art and craft, cooking, shooting hoops in their own basketball ring, getting out and about in their local community and listening to music.
The house is situated at the top of a hill, with lovely views of nearby Yokine reserve. Inside, the house is very spacious, boasting two separate living areas, a bright kitchen and dining area and 2 fully equipped bathrooms – one even comes with a spa!
There is a covered patio area perfect for barbecuing in the warmer months, and a small grassed area with a raised herb garden to grow your own vegetables and herbs for cooking.
There is staff presence in the home 24/7, including overnight sleep supports. All our staff are fully and regularly trained in competencies such as manual handling, seizure and medication management, and First Aid. Ability WA also offers our staff house specific competencies should they be required; such as PEG feeding.
There is close access to public transport options, and the home is situated a short distance from Yokine Reserve. Nearby is Dogswamp shopping centre which houses a number of specialty stores, coffee shops, food outlets and grocery stores.
Please note. this home is situated on a hill and is more suitable for ambulant persons, with home modifications fitted throughout the home.
- Five bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Single storey
- Spacious living area
- Split System air conditioning throughout the house, including units in the bedrooms
- Undercover outdoor living area & gardens
- Local amenities close by
- A great team of friendly, experienced support staff
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
How to apply or find out more?
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, please make sure you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. If you do, then please submit an application and someone from our friendly Ability WA team will contact you as soon as possible.
This property is furnished
Eligibility and accepted criteria:
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
Have a disability
Refugee/resettlement or humanitarian
Available 5 August 2021