Accessible, fun and vibrant home (Supported Independent Living – SIL)
This 4 x bedroom home is located in Westminster close to Mirrabooka Shopping Centre, just a 15-minute walk/wheelchair drive. Living in this home will see you immersed in a multitude of shopping outlets, a library, recreation centre, doctor’s practice and variety of restaurants.
The home is situated next door to 5 x single tenanted villas, with all neighbours enjoying a shared sense of purpose and belonging. There are currently three housemates sharing this supported independent living home and they’re seeking a fourth housemate to join their homes social and relaxed atmosphere.
There is staff presence in the home 24/7. All our staff are fully and regularly trained in competencies such as manual handling, seizure and medication management, and First Aid.
Ability WA also offers our staff house specific competencies should they be required; such as PEG feeding.
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Single storey
- Spacious living area
- Split system air conditioning throughout the house, including units in the bedrooms
- Outdoor living area & gardens
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle for residents to utilise
- Local amenities close by
- A great team of friendly, experienced support staff
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
How to apply or find out more?
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, please make sure you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. If you do, then please submit an application and someone from our friendly Ability WA team will contact you as soon as possible.
This property is furnished
Eligibility and accepted criteria:
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
Have a disability
Refugee/resettlement or humanitarian