We are a government funded service which is administered by The Salvation Army. The daily running of the service is performed by youth workers.
KBYAS offers a 24-hour service to young people aged 15-24 years and their families, in order to provide:
- Emergency, overnight and short-term supported accommodation for up to 3 months for homeless young people and youth at risk.
- Regular and ongoing support to young people and families.
- An opportunity to learn independent living skills and self-development..
- An environment that is conducive to change.
- Information and referral service to young people and their families.
Accommodation: We provide:
- Emergency, overnight, and crisis accommodation for up to 3 months for homeless young people. The cost is $10 per night and includes meals.
- Support to young people and their families.
- Support to young people living independently in the community.
- A cottage for young people in transition to complete independent living.
KBYAS is only five minutes walk from most major shops and services. We have six rooms and both the male and female bathrooms have a bath. There is air conditioning for the summer, and a cosy wood fire for winter.
For a small refundable deposit young people can have a key to their rooms.